Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Goodbye 35, Hello New Number

See Jode is almost a year older than me.
But for a short time we are the same age until he then gets to be a new number.
So his better memory always serves me well when I forget my age.
I usually give him "the look" that he has come to be very used to and he knows how to help a girl out. Kinda like when we meet a new couple and they ask "how old are your kids" and I start to kind of stammer. I mean pfff, I know how old my own kids are for heavens sake.

For pretty much this whole last year though, unless you happened to talk to me on a really clear_ maybe we had just discussed it_kinda day, I had told everyone I was 36.
Which is so sad bc I really like the number 35 better.
It just sounds nicer to me_ 5 being in the middle of 1-10 _ and I just like the 5 better.
But I'm not gonna wallow in missing out on 35.
I'm gonna go with the 6 and see the best in the little circle part.



Amy and I decided to meet half way for an early lunch and some girly talk. 
Gosh, how it does a soul good to just be able to sit with a friend and laugh 
and talk about every subject from all over and be understood. 

I ordered a club sandwich and I'm not sure exactly where the hair came from. 
But nonetheless it wound up in my mouth. 
And then before I knew it there was another..... 
and then i picked up the other half of sandwich and there was another. 
And it got awkward bc I hate things like this. 
But also, bc I kept wondering is it my hair.? 
I mean it's long and definitely all around my face but I've never 
had a problem with it getting in my food before. 
So I decided to just give it up and wait for dessert. 
It was... my birthday after all.


The dessert was a rocking Turtle cheesecake that was hair-less and well worth it.

Afterwards, we shopped at a few antique stores in town. 
They had some quilts I'm still having a hard time getting over. 
They were so perfect as far as they're colors but not in their price. 
So I left dreaming about how great they'd look all made up on a bed.


I was met with purple_ gold_ green_ masks_ beads_ the works 
when I later walked back in the door at home.
Hubs man really outdid himself with throwing me a surprise Mardi Gras party.
As we would say in our house_ it was creative and quite whimsical.

The King Cake he ordered from back home and was cheesecake filled.
It was so yummy.













I've gone back & forth for around 2 years now on whether I should get a Keurig.
I would want one and then not. I would think how great it would be to have one. 
And then I would think about what all else I could get with that money. 
But now I have to wonder no more because I finally have one. 

Woohoo.... I'm so thankful Jode just made the decision for me.
It really is a dream and actually has helped me limit some of my coffee intake. 
Plus the kids are really loving the iced coffee I can make now with it.




I pray that this is a really really good year.
I only get to hold onto this number once.
And only for a short time.
So I want to look back on it well. 
Like I am now..... full of gratitude and thankfulness for all that has been.
And all that is to come......




16 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and adorable party! I love the masks! Happy Birthday to you Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday was so much fun! Yay! Plus, we're the same age! True story.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wait. Obviously I'm not having one of those clear days. I forgot I turned 37. I really liked 36 better. Hold it tight, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still so happy that I got to spend part of your big day with you, hairy sandwich and all. I love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Beautiful! I pray that you would have an amazing year basking in the glow of the Father's grace and love for you and your family!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday heather. wishing you an amazing year full of God's blessings.
    xxO

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy happy (belated) birthday sweet friend. you are a lovely 36 and i pray blessings overflow this year!! hope to hug you soon!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fun! love the masks. :) and happy happy birthday! you look so beautiful! can't believe you're 36. you seriously don't look a day over 30! :) praying that this is your BEST year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how sweet is your honey to throw you a party!?
    so glad you had a nice day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday.

    you are a beautiful 36 year old!
    did you know a package of birthday candles comes with 36 candles? that year instead of telling people my age i'd tell them "i am the whole package!"

    and that desert,YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwwww that is so sweet!!!!! happy birthday!! my husband and I are only the same age for the summer then I become " the much younger wife" when his birthday rolls around ;)

    I love the sign your kiddos made!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I'm a new follower! Found you at the Monday meet-up! Happy birthday! But seriously, you don't look 36 at all!

    Follow back? :)

    xoxo
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful birthday for a beautiful gal!!!

    PS: Did ya miss me?!;0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fun party! Happy Birthday!

    -Ashley
    http://pencilleddaydream.com

    ReplyDelete