Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 22, 2011

i Heart Yellow

So I purchased an old funky brass lamp at Goodwill awhile back for $5. You know the kind that you see at every thrift store. I've kinda been obsessed with lamps lately. Oh, like last month I got the cutest little, green, fat, and squaty one at a consignment store for $10. Only to open the back of my car and have it roll out and break into a zillion pieces. I'm fighting back the urge to cry, but realize that there are 3 sets of eyes staring at me to see how I'm going to react to this, obviously, tragic occurrence. And for heavens sake it's just a lamp, I know. In the big scheme of things I know this and it's a material thing...yadayada but it was probably "the find" of the year. You know the one that everyone sees and is like "where did you get that from and you kinda smile on the inside cause' they can't get one and neither can you. Because it was "the one" and you found it at a consignment store and there are no more. For some reason if it's found at a thrift store or whatever it just is so much more special, right.
I forgot to take  "before" pics of my brass find so these will have to do.


You get the idea though, right?
To.. now my little brass lamp looks like.....


I luv it so much I could eat it (that's my term for something that is so great you know if you could eat it it would be so good). With some yellow spray paint and a little glaze my ugly ole' brass is now one of my most fav things in our home. Have you ever found that thing that was ugly to everyone else but to you was it was perfect. You could see past it's ugliness to what it could be...to what it could become. Kinda like...me. I have to think that's how Jesus sees us. He sees past all of our ugliness or brassiness...to our "yellow"..thank goodness. So the next time you see brassiness when you look in the mirror think about how yellow you really are. I'm going to try to.

Heather :) 






1 comment:

  1. This is sooo what I need to hear today..and a lot of days, to be honest..thanks Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete