Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 3, 2012

Bringing home peaches


ya'll i have a treat for you today.
have you ever heard someone's story when it involved something you
knew you not only wanted to be a part of. but knew you had to be a part of.
even if it was in the itsy bitsiest of ways. well meet my friend carina.
she's going to tell you about their peach needing to be brought home.
and how you and i can help.

__________________________________________________________________________


Hello! I'm Carina and I blog over at a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut.
I am mama to three little rascals, lover of vintage and coffee and chocolate, 
among other things.


For the last year, my husband and I have been waiting to adopt our fourth baby.
We have two biological boys, and one adopted, and feel so excited to be adding to the sweet chaos that is our every day.
Two weeks ago we got the call that we'd been chosen to adopt a baby girl due this August. 
And we are over the moon.
We know that God is already writing our love story with this little peach
and His hand is so evident in the details.
You can read more about all of that here.
The reality of adoption is that it takes a serious chunk of change to make it happen.
Like $25,000 when all is said and done.
We've saved and saved and had a little pancake breakfast to get the ball rolling,
but we are still well away from that number.
We are not ones to ask for something without offering something in return,
mostly because it makes us feel weird.
I've been making jewelry for my little etsy shop for the last few months and
after a lot of thought, I decided to design a few adoption necklaces to help make up some of the difference.
I am dreaming big here: my goal is to sell 100. My dream is 200.
300 would knock our socks off and put a serious dent in that total.

 Would you consider helping us out?
Spread the word and buy a necklace (or two)...
you'll be helping us bring our baby home, supporting adoption
and you'll even get something pretty in return!
And please come follow along on this super exciting journey -
it's sure to be an adventure!

________________________________________________________________________


my necklace is ordered and i can't wait to get it. can't wait to wear it.
  but mostly, i can't wait to see how the lord moves in this. 
to see their little peaches face in their arms .... to see them home.


** also, to all my thrifty gift exchange peeps. 
don't forget to have your posts' ready to link up on Monday, August 6th.
check back with me for the details on how it’s going to go down.
I can’t wait to see your thrifty goodness and to read your stories!


.heather




1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing this, heather! it means so much to me!!

    ReplyDelete