Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Comfort & Rest


Sleep was interrupted by the whimper and sniffle of tears.
Middle had had a nightmare. Two hours before the alarm was to sound_ the smell of coffee would soon be brewing_ the beginnings of breakfast would be made_ and another day would get started.
But sleep couldn't come for me now because child o' mine was afraid. She had dreamed of ones that rob and take of what is not theirs. Fear had set in, like the fog that sets in over the mountains, and seems as though it will suffocate. Only 2 hours before the light was to come.

What is of this fear that causes us to lose sleep? that causes us to have missed opportunity? that wishes to keep us contained? 

Child o' mine crawled into bed. The bed her dad & I share_
the safe place_ where comfort is found.
I lay awake and listened as she slowly breathed again sighs of sleep.
Just as comfort is found next to dad & I... so comes the peace & comfort from our Father above.
Always safe in His arms
Forever protected in His hands
Every fear is erased.... and there we are able to find rest.


Heather :)


Linking up with sweet Jami for 




20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Thanks for this wonderful reminder of the rest and safety we find in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i love this post!! and the quote, so true how we find so much comfort and safety with Him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO sweet and SO BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a sweet and sensitive mama! I'm glad your girl got some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, I know these types of nights all to well! Thanks for linking up on Call Me Blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are such a a positive and admirable example of a mother Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thank you for sharing this!! What a blessing to be a Momma...best.job.ever! And I'm so grateful that His arms hold us close always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was such a beautiful post! You are a beautiful person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very sweet post & so so so true! I have strict no "babies" in the bed rule...except if they are sick, have bad dreams , or thunderstorms... they take full advantage of thunderstorms :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! You are so precious--I love how you connected this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. woo girl ... love this ... you really have a gift at writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful. I have no idea how old Middle is, but if she's still snuggling in mama and daddy's bed then there's hope for my kids! I don't ever want them to grow out of a midnight cuddle every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful....I "heart" you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful writing Heather! Actually last night I was having a terrible dream. Then my 3 year old climbed into bed with us. Let's just say on this night, I didn't put him back in bed. I guess is goes both ways ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog this morning, and for your kind words! I love this post, and I love your perspective. I look forward to getting to know you more in days to come. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful! Nothing better than the comfort of your parents bed. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete