Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 15, 2012

learning and letting go

summer started and things haven't stopped since about two weeks before school got out. our days picked up and things haven’t slowed down. this isn’t a bad thing at all. because really I much prefer to be doing & going rather than sitting wondering what we can do.


don’t get me wrong, i do love the days where i get to stay in my pjs [especially on rainy days] and do nothing. and the mornings. mornings I cherish bc I’m able to get up before everyone with my coffee and the word. to just the sound of the birds chirping a tune out of my window. 
I so enjoy this time. 

everyday i see how my kids are getting older. they have their own friends. their each involved in different activities. and they have their own agendas of what they want to do for the day….and so my days just go. and i’m usually going over a list in my head of all the things I need to get accomplished and then wondering HOW I’m going to get it all accomplished for that day.
things like driving & dropping off middle for practice every morning and evening.
picking up oldests’ friend to stay the night.
setting up the play date with youngest…
my desire to at least blog every other day. but lately only managing maybe 1 post a week.
my want to sit and design some new pieces for the shop. I have so many ideas and things running through my head. but right now just being able to keep up with the orders coming in.
and my bedroom needs a serious cleaning. Jode painted it a few weeks back and ever since I haven’t hung anything or given it the cleaning I’d like.
I know you have to know what I’m talking about. I’m sure you have a list too it just may look a little different than mine.

lately I hear this little voice inside saying to just let it go though… let it go. 
so that’s what I’ve been trying to do.
let go of the notion that I have to blog every day or I’ll have no one who wants to read.
let go of feeling like I have to make new pieces or things in my shop will get stale.
let go of feeling like someone may see my room and think we are disgusting.
I’ve had to let go of some of it…. and I’m at a place right now as I sit and type that I’m not just saying the words I’m actually believing them.





there are seasons for everything and I know this is just a season. so I'm trying to take it in while it’s here… enjoy it while it’s here…  relish in it while it’s here. Bc i know that this time, this season is going to pass. 

I’m learning to let go of some things to hold onto the better.



learning_ letting go_ and walking away from my list of things that need to get done today bc well my kids are wanting to go swim for the bazillionth time. so I think what I need to do today is just go play at the pool.
.heather .


3 comments:

  1. I love this post! more people should take your advice and learn sometimes to let go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! Let it go and hold on to your children and the memories you will make.

    Here's to FUN!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's hard to let go of our ideas of what we should be doing, isn't it? playing in the pool sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete