Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas Follow Fest

If you are new here thank you so much for stopping by!
I'm Heather_ married to my high school sweetheart for 15 years_ and together we have 3 beatimus kiddos.

I started blogging last year to document our life.
It excited me to think about keeping, almost like a journal, that I could eventually turn into a book to give to my kids. I would love to know that I could read over my mom or dad’s thoughts & struggles while they were my age/ in my stage of life. 
And so initially, that is why I started.
My hope is that our kids will have something to look back on and know that their struggles were normal.That they will treasure the life in photos & words that were typed out for them each week.

Obviously though, I gained so much more than I ever thought when initially starting 
my blog. I’ve really pinpointed the things that I enjoy doing
and I have friends now all over the world!



Back in August I launched my shop, “heathers happys”.

The idea was born out of the desire to create handmade goodness in
hopes of bringing a smile to a face.
The idea that when receiving or giving a "happy" to someone it would brighten their day. Whenever I receive a random "happy " from someone it always means so much to know that someone was thinking of me.
Or whenever I get to send a "happy" to that someone that's been on my heart it's always so much fun_ to be the giver of some sweet goodness! 




It's about the being able to create_  I love it!
As a wife & mom my first priority and #1 job is my family.
But just like so many of you_
I also feel like God has gifted and given us creative ability for a purpose...
to be used.
How sad would that be to hide it... to have it go unused or untapped into.
And for my kids, I want them to see more_ to know and witness first hand to go for those dreams & desires_ and pursue life unashamedly.




So many of you contact me and say how you would love to open an Esty store
or you've been thinking about blogging but just haven't.
Let me encourage you by saying try it.
You just never know what opportunities are out there and what you may discover about yourself that you had no idea of before.
One thing I do know is that you will meet a ton of other women just like you and build some really great relationships along the way.

**Special Friday sale going on in my shop for 20% off any item and free shipping!
Put in code Friday at checkout.




So happy to be linking up with 


Heather :)



9 comments:

  1. yay!! always such pretty treats in your shop!
    xo
    hope your thanksgiving was beautiful!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy I found your shop! your things are so cute, I LOVE the headbands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the cutest stuff in your shop! :) Love it all so much. I love the story behind your blogging and creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower of your blog! Your headbands are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never had the heart to blog about thsi because it so devastated me. But remember a couple months back when I ordered two of your amazing headbands? Well, they arrived all beautious and my daughter(who loves all things girly and frilly) begged to have the one you let me pick(that wasnt on the site at that time. It was the weekend of her birthday so I let her wear it as we were going to go out shopping that night without my hubby.
    Upon entering Sams Club I ran into a friend who was smitten with the headband and giving us all these compliments. I dont know when or where it happened but when we got to Toys R Us(the next store so she could use her bday coupon) it was GONE. I was so upset I started crying and telling her that "it just came today",etc... We flew back over to Sams which was by that point closed but I made them let me in to re-trace our steps through the store. We never found it and Ive checked every time we've gone back. We literally had it a matter of hours.
    Through tears and anger as I pulled out of teh parking lot that night I felt the Lord telling me "its a headband. Fabric and lace.You can buy another one." Then I needed to Pologize to my daughter. I told her "momma was wrong and Im so sorry honey." She replied "its ok. I'll buy you another one with my birthday money." Talk about a humble learning experience for me.
    All of this to tell your otehr readers how much we love your product and shop Heather. Each one of your creations shows a beautiful attention to detail. We'll be back for more! 9but for now, shes banned from wearing my other one:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok and apparently I was not paying attention to my spelling in that comment. I really CAN spell:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the family photo, your lovely creative products, and your heart for encouraging others!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute stuff!! i'm stopping by from www.thelovelypoppy.com and would love for you to stop by and see the new giveaways and tutorials. xoxo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh, I didn't know you had a shop! I love your "happies!"

    ReplyDelete