Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 21, 2011

Guest Post_ Meet Jami

Jami is one of the first friends I made through the blogging community. 
She is a gem and I always look forward to hearing from her. 
Her and her family have the opportunity to go on a missions trip and I wanted 
ya'll to have a chance to hear and be a part of their story....
*******************************************************

Hi, my name is Jami and I blog at Call Me Blessed. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to share with all of you a missions project my family is working on.

For the past two years Hubby has gone to Mexico with our church to build houses.  I am still amazed that this can be done. A group of people can go for four days, be the hands and feet of Jesus and completely change the lives of another family.  These families live in shacks made of pallets and cardboard. Sometimes they don't even have that. These are families just like yours and mine.  Families with Moms and Dads who love their kids the same way I do. Kids who just want to play, be carefree and have a bed to sleep in.

Hubby, I and my two oldest kids have the opportunity to go and give a family some security. A dry place to lay their heads. The kids and I will be able to play with the local children. The group even does a Vacation Bible School while we are there. We are so thankful for the opportunity to get our hands dirty with our kids. To show them how blessed we truly are. To experience how taking just a small bit of our time and resources, and sharing the love of Christ can change everything for someone else.  I won't pretend that I don't have any nerves about this trip. After prayerful consideration and seeing the pictures and videos Hubby has brought home, I don't see how I can't go.

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded, and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. Luke 12:48

pictures from Hubby and W's last trip.


We are traveling with a missions group called Yugo. Please go to their website, see the amazing work they are doing and help us spread the word.

We are trying to cover all of our own travel costs but still need to raise money for the building materials. Every dollar helps. Instead of buying a Starbuck's coffee or a magazine today, will you consider helping us change lives in Mexico?

I hope you will consider partnering with us in this journey. The more money we raise, the more houses we can build. We would also love to have you praying for us. Praying for God's provision financially and safe travel.

To donate, you can simply visit Call Me Blessed and click on the "donate" button in the left sidebar.

I can't wait to share the pictures and memories we bring back with us.
************************************************************************
Also, I'm guest posting over at enoughfaithfortoday.
So go check out the 20 random questions Kimberly asked me to answer!
Have a great Monday!

Heather :)

2 comments:

  1. You are really giving your children an amazing gift taking them on these mission trips. They will grow up so thankful and humble!

    ReplyDelete