Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What we wore for Halloween

Alice in Wonderland

the Mad Hatter





Tim Tebow








Lots of Sugar

We started the night off by handing out candy. There are 11 neighbor kids counting my 2 that play together on a regular basis. So I had bought up some Root beer and made it into Spider Venom. It was a win and I got to be the cool mom. Oldest wanted to just be a coach or a trainer because like I've said before, i can't get him away from wearing sports clothes. I think he was starting to realize he didn't look any different and so he decided to be Tim Tebow at the last minute. I'm just glad he figured something out beings he won't have many more years to do this. Our neighborhood has a lot of homes and it is very kid friendly so people bus in to trick or treat. They hire police men and have certain streets shut off...it gets kinda crazy. Being our first year here we really didn't know what to expect but had been forewarned ahead of time that we would be slammed. I set a limit of spending $20 on candy and filled up a nice little caldron bucket knowing that when it was gone_ it would be gone_ and we would be done. We had set out a table_ chairs_ the candy_ our pumpkin all down at the foot of the driveway to meet each little character as they came by for some sweets. After participating in the giving it was finally time for my kiddos to go and get some treats so we left the bowl and pumpkin just sitting there for whomever to help themselves. When arriving back home we found that they had helped themselves...to our bucket and our cute little mustache man. I was like for reals? 
Swiper no swiping...Someone had took the bucket and our pumpkin...and they were walking around holding that heavy thing.... all i can figure is, it must've been hubs awesome carving skillz that made it irresistible not to take. I took a few things too... a lot of photos of my 3 sweet's and a few 
Almond Joys_ Snickers_ & Twix. :)

Heather :)






17 comments:

  1. The girls look so sassy in their Alice In Wonderland costumes! Love it!! (Did you make these? Normally the only costumes I can find like this are too revealing and DEF not age appropriate...)

    So sorry someone stole your stuff! How rude! And even with the cops around. Boooo on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, someone took our candy bowl, but at least not one of our pumpkins! That stinks!

    One a positive note, your kids look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT? i can't believe someone took your stuff. that is horrible. but your kids look great! your girls are so cute - they look full of sassy personality (i have a 9 yr old too, so i recognize it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their costumes are FABULOUS, and I love the sassy poses ;) Too bad about the swiping...boo.

    Glad you had a good Halloween overall though, looks like the kiddos did pretty good! We only take our boys to a couple houses cause they're still pretty little and somewhat limited in what they can have...makes it hard for me and daddy to sneak some :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your girls had costumes together!!! Cute cute cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh your kids costumes turned out totally awesome!
    I love the Tim Tebow-- great idea!
    xo
    P.S. Your hubby might wanna get a shotgun soon for any suitors that wanna come court your little ladies... they are just stunning! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun costumes! Did you make the girls' costumes? They really are stunning. Glad you had a nice evening...I never knew that carved pumpkins were such a desirable item! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun night! Love the attitude the girls had in the pic together. Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your kids costumes! SO cute! And "Swiper no Swiping" made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GAH those costumes are amazing! Love that the girls go together! They have some sass :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stinks you had some thieves in da hood!! But oh how cute the girls looked.. And it looks like they felt cute too ;) Gray was looking all awesome himself:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! How amazing do your girls look!! :) I love your son's John 3:16 too....so adorable! Seriously...who steals a caldron and pumpkin and then proceeds to walk around your neighborhood holding it...i mean come on folks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish!!! Those are some sassy sisters right there! I love it. But, I must say I totally have a soft spot for tebow. My boys were making fun of me just tonight about it. Lol. Go Broncos.
    But really who doesn't love a Godly man? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok so wish was supposed to be woah!!! Commenting from my phone...Blast auto correct.
    The girls look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such cute costumes! I can't believe someone stole your pumpkin! That is just crazy!

    ReplyDelete