Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 16, 2011

Home

I'm going to try and not make this post a rant. However, on Wednesday, the 11th I posted a new post on my blog which was later deleted because blogger is having issues and crashed. They have sent updates saying that it will be restored but as of yet, it has not been. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be cause' I liked it and it takes time to post, you know. Can you sense some frustration here.....

But whatever. On another note, we have been up to our eyeballs in house hunting. Currently, we lease a home that we've lived in for almost 2 yrs. The owners really would like to sell the home, only they want to sell for like $100,00 more than we want to spend. ha!

This process has already been so tiring. Not just physically but mentally, too. I mean I walk in these newer homes with all their pretty "newness" but feel as if I'm driving in a Neon(no offense to Neon owners). Versus walking into a 20yr old home that may not have all of the "newness" but it feels like I'm driving a Pilot. There is a heavier, better feel.

As time goes by I have changed so much. I mean, I literally feel like I'm changing yearly. Foods I like, music, colors, etc.... 5 years ago all the "newness" of a home would have been my dream home. Or my perfect. But now, I NEED "oldness". I need dings & dints & some scuffs. I need the character in the flow of an older home. I need the smells of "oldness" because the "newness" smell is like antiseptic in my nose. I need a home that is tried and true. Where a man and a woman loved, fought, raised their family, had their first pet, went through the storms of life, and the walls still stand. Now after 20 years their kids are grown and gone and they find themselves in a new season of life. It's time for them to move on and let go...it's our time to move in and make it  "home".

Heather :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, first...you KNOW I couldnt agree more. This is the first house I have felt snug as a bug in...it has a history and soul... Secondly...I READ THAT DELETED POST! I read it and then I checked you a again a day or 2 later....and it was gone. I loved the analogy...it was beautiful and poignant.

    ReplyDelete