Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summery Cake Recipe

I posted awhile back and mentioned a yummy, Summery cake I had made...and well lots of you inquired about what it was. I have no idea the name of the cake or where I got it from. Probably my mom or mother in law but I can't remember. It's like super easy & fast to make...and it's a cake that you keep in the refrigerator. So it's that perfect dessert to cool everyone off. Only thing, you have to like coconut_no coconut pieces are in it_ just coconut flavoring. But it is definitely one of my family's favorites!



Ingredients:
*Yellow Cake Mix
(I usually get Moist Deluxe & you will need the ing on box as you follow & make the cake using the box directions)
*Creme de Coconut (in a can)
*1 can condensed milk
*Big Cool Whip

Mix the cake ing. together, following the box directions, put in the oven to bake.



Then mix together condensed milk & creme de coconut. If you can't find the creme de coconut, like me this last time, I found something similar over by the mixed drinks isle in my grocery. It worked just the same.
After cake comes out of the oven let it cool really well.
Next, you are going to poke holes all over it_all the way down to the pan. I used a wine topper thingy cause it makes wide enough holes. But whatever works..


Then pour your condensed milk/Coconut mixture into the holes filling each one until mixture is gone. This is not a pretty step but it is like sinfully good. I mean, this cake had me at condensed milk.


Last, top with your cool whip & refrigerate for at least 3 hours. The colder the better...



I hope you guys' love it! Have a great weekend!!



Heather :) 

6 comments:

  1. YUM!!! My mother in law makes a cake similar to this but with chocolate pudding instead of the coconut milk. I happen to l.o.v.e. coconut flavored things so I am definitely going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely amazing! I LOVE the flavor of coconut, and I totally agree with "had me at condensed milk," so I know I'd love this.

    Do stop by and say hi...

    Cindy @ Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks awesome! I'm not always into coconut, but I'd def give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH, fancy! I love recipes that don't take a ton of ingredients and this is such a cool twist on a box mix cake! Yum! & I love coconut!

    P.S. I'd love for you to stop by my blog and add your recipe to my link up here. I'm trying to get a lot of sharing going on over there and this looks fabbbuloussssss!

    -Carly
    www.createliveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum!! my mom introduced me to this cake earlier this summer, it is so good with the cream of coconut/sweetened condensed milk!!! i even like it better than the better than sex cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe it's called Pina Colada cake!! It's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete