Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thrifty Tuesday


 First, I have to start by saying these pics were taken with my phone so they're not the best quality. Second, don't judge my couch. It is worn-in. Just look at it on the right side, poor thing. It's been around since my son was born which means we've had it like 11 years. Which also means it's gone through a lot of spit up from 3 kids, drool, and I probably would have to say, even being peed on. Eventually we will get a new one but for now I'm having to be content. :)

Anyhow Jode and I were out & about looking at houses when we passed this thrift store where I spotted 4 cane back dining chairs with velvet cushions. Now anything with velvet_couches, curtains, I'm a sucker for. So he pulled me in to check'em out. But after getting close and inspecting them I felt they were cheaply made...not very sturdy. 
Once inside though I immediately spotted these 2 items. The light had shone, my eyes had seen, and the "it" had been revealed. This frame & mirror were "it."




This beauty will definitely be getting some paint. I'm thinking I want her for one of the girls rooms but we'll see. Either way I know she'll be smashing.


Can you believe that sticker? I couldn't...and the detail on the frame. 

Now my goal since getting this canvas of the fam has been to put a frame around it. Only I thought I would probably have to buy one and then paint it. Originally seeing this frame I thought "yea, I'll paint it" but after getting her home, taking out the painting, and cleaning her up a bit I decided to hang her just to see. See if it all worked together and guess what? I think it did....I think I like it just the way it is. The frame is massive and it helps take up a big space and I have some other ideas of things I want to see happen with this wall too. But for now, I'm thinking this will do.


 The best part was that there was a sign hanging that said "50% off all frames today." So I walked away paying a whopping $15 for both items. 

Happy Thriftin'!


Heather :) 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE that scrolly one. Sorry that I am comment bombing you haha!

    ReplyDelete